Payment of allowances
We pay pensions and benefits according to your wishes:
- To your bank account in Estonia
- To the bank account of another person of your choice, if you complete the application and submit a digitally signed copy, submit the application to our customer service, or submit a notarized application
- At your expense by post, in the form of home delivery (pension, disability living allowance)
- At your expense to your foreign bank account.
Pension/allowance will be brought to your home by post free of charge if you have reduced mobility or if you live in a sparsely populated area and banking services are difficult for you to access. In order to do this, submit an explanatory application to us stating the reasons for requesting home delivery.
If your pension was brought home but you were not at home, the postman will bring your money back. If your pension has not been withdrawn for two months, we will suspend payment of the pension. You must submit an application to continue receiving your pension. We will pay your pension beginning from the suspension.
If your pension is brought home to you but you are in a hospital, you can authorize someone to withdraw your pension, if necessary. The authorization shall be certified by the head of the medical institution (chief doctor) and the authorization certified in this manner shall be valid for the withdrawal of the pension not received within six months.
Changing your bank account
If you want your pension or benefit to be deposited in an account other than the one indicated in the original application, you can make the change
- Log into our self-service at iseteenindus.sotsiaalkindlustusamet.ee and add your new bank account number
- Send us an (digitally) signed application, to the e-mail address [email protected]
If the bank account belongs to someone else you can change it
- By sending us a digitally signed application to the e-mail address [email protected]
- By sending us a notarized application by post to Paldiski mnt 80, 15092 Tallinn
- By coming to our customer service
NB! If you provide us with a new bank account number, please make sure all the information is correct
- If the Estonian National Social Insurance Board pays you various allowances/benefits, they will all be paid to a bank account or sent home
- If you have submitted different current accounts to the Estonian National Social Insurance Board, all transfers will be made to the last submitted account (except for payments related to court orders)
To receive money in a new bank account next month, you must change your account no later than the last business day of the previous month.
Monthly payment of pensions, allowances and benefits
Social Insurance Board pays pensions, allowances and benefits within 30 days of the decision being made.
Form of payment
Day of the bank transfer
NB! The bank transfer is made within the payment day.
5th day of each month
8th day of each month
Insurance premium related to work accidents and occupational diseases,
12th day of each month
Benefit for pensioners living alone
If the day of the bank transfer falls on a public holiday or other holiday, the working day which immediately precedes the holiday shall be deemed to be the payment day.
If you have to repay the over compensated pension, allowance or benefit to the Estonian National Social Insurance Agency (for example, you were not entitled to the amount or in the event of the death of the recipient), it must be paid into the same bank account from which the pension, allowance or benefit was received.
We will certainly inform the person in writing of any such incident as well.
Last updated: 30.10.2023